• Linked In
  • Facebook
  • twitter
terms of useprivate policy



Assessor - Laurie Allen


Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday (Except on legal holidays)

Mailing Address:
PO BOX 229

Physical Address:
218 E. Bay Street
Magnolia, MS 39652

Phone: (601)783-4130
Fax: (601)783-3232




Listing and placing value on all taxable property, real and personal, maintaining the ownership maps and assisting homeowners with Homestead Exemption applications. These must be achieved in accordance with the laws that govern the jurisdiction.



  1. Homestead applications are taken annually between January 1st and April 1st.
  2. You must own your home and reside there on or before January 1st of the current year to be eligible for homestead exemption.
  3. Your Deed must be signed by December 31st and on file in the Pike County Chancery Clerk’s office by January 7th of the current year.
  4. You must be a legal resident of Mississippi.
  5. You must have purchased Mississippi license plates for all vehicles domiciled at the homestead property.
  6. You must comply with Mississippi income tax requirements.
  7. If your home is a mobile home, you must certify your mobile home to the land roll for taxation. MISS CODE 27-53-15 /HB824—1982


The following information will be needed in order to complete your homestead application. Bring these items with you when filing.

Deed, will, or assignment of lease.

  1. Full purchase price. (Closing statement)
  2. Down payment amount. (Closing statement)
  3. Over 65 exemption. You must provide proof of age. (Valid drivers license, birth certificate, etc.)
  4. Social Security disability. You must bring current year letter from social security administration.
  5. Disable veteran (100%) service connected. Must provide proof. (Letter from Veterans Administration with claim#)
  6. Social security numbers for applicant and spouse where applies. Social security numbers for Occ-joint ownership.
  7. Mobile homes must be certified to the land roll. Bring with you the bill of sale or application for title for the mobile home.
  8. Tag numbers for all automobiles titled in your name, spouses or occ-joint owner.


If there has been a change in your homestead exemption as a result of one of the following reasons, you must come to the Assessor’s office and re-sign your homestead application between January 1st and April 1st.

Purchased or built a new home.

  1. Death of a spouse.
  2. First time filing for over 65 or 100% Disabled. (Bring proof)
  3. New deed filed with Pike County Chancery Clerk.
  4. Sold or deeded off part of the homestead property.
  5. Add property to current exemption.
  6. Change in marital status. (Separated, divorced, or married)
  7. Bought or sold property pertaining to your homestead.
  8. Change in property status (Renting part of home or business in the home.


Failure to follow the above requirements will result in loss of homestead exemption.

Pike County News

Nov 2015

 Read More

Click here for our News Archive.

Pike County Announcements

May 2016

 Read More

Nov 2015

 Read More

Click here for more Announcements.

Pike County Calendar

 Read More

Click here for to see the full Calendar Listings.
Site Map
footer base